In addition to supporting the learning and teaching of heritage and foreign languages, the recording studio’s services are available to the entire campus and public. Clients include: UCOP, Hearst Museum, Graduate Division, ETS, Cal Performances, National Public Radio, BBC, Enfoque Nacional, CBS radio. Services include:
- Multitrack production specializing in instructional materials, voice overs, podcasts, etc.
- Onsite recording anywhere on campus for lecture series, events, panels, etc.
- Tape sync available for remote clients (call-in or Skype).
Media transfer and digitization:
- Analog tape – 1/2″ and 1/4″ reel to reel; cassette
- Digital media – DAT, MiniDisc, CD
- Video tape – DV, Hi8, VHS
- Audio restoration and analysis
Media mass duplication – DVD, CD
Equipment Loans and Rentals:
- Zoom H4 audio recorder
Production Equipment Used:
- Converters: Apogee Symphony, Metric Halo
- Software: Pro Tools, Logic, iZotope RX, Audition
- Microphones: Neumann U87i, AKG C451E, Sennheiser MD421, ME40, and more
- Tape machines: Ampex ATR-100 (1/4” full or 2 track and 1/2” 4 track) reel to reel; Nakamichi MR-1 Cassette deck
- Analog front-end: Auditronics 8 channel console, Amek 9098 EQ/pre, UREI LA-4
Contact Keith Hernandez, Recording Studio Manager, for scheduling and rates. (510) 877-4002 ext. 12 or e-mail.