EBWLP News!

Hello EBWLP participants!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful and relaxing summer!

My official retirement date as Director of the East Bay World Language Project was yesterday, June 30, as my husband I will be moving to our new home in Suttons Bay, Michigan later this summer.  We’ve found a wonderful home on the water with great swimming, sailing, kayaking and our own sandy beach.  We will also be much closer to our kids and grandkids in a gorgeous part of the country.  The last four years at the Berkeley Language Center have been rewarding and it will be hard to say good-bye, but we are very excited about starting our new adventure.

I am very pleased to announce that beginning today, July 1, our new Co-directors will be Don Doehla and Nancy Salsig who have been longtime members of our Leadership Team and an active part of our program planning and delivery.  Both Don and Nancy are highly qualified and bring many talents to their new roles.  Please be sure to contact them with any questions you might have.  Their emails are:  Don Doehla: dm_doehla@berkeley.edu and Nancy Salsig: n-salsig@berkeley.edu

Our transition has been a very smooth one and I know that they will continue the EBWLP tradition of offering outstanding professional learning programs that meet the varied needs of world language teachers.  I have attached our fall program flyers and application for Foundations I and II.  Note that we have added to our topics how to integrate Common Core Literacy Standards into World Language planning and instruction.

We hope that you will join us and will encourage your colleagues to join us.  You can also download the flyers and an Adobe application form on our Berkeley Language Center website at https://blc.berkeley.edu/.

I wish each of you the best in the future.
Gail